- Super event man
War on Construction Waste - part 2 The second full day event
War on Construction Waste – part 2
Date: Friday 3rd November 2017
Time: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Venue: Gambaro Room (rooftop), Common Ground, 15 Hope Street, South Brisbane, Qld
Event registration: registration at the venue opens from 8:00am
Catering: Morning Tea, Lunch, and Afternoon Tea will be provided. Please contact email@example.com regarding provision of any dietary requirements.
Program & CPD Worksheets: Program will be available for download two weeks before the Main Event. Worksheets will be supplied on the day.
Program: 7 Presentations and 2hr Workshop
“Our Waste Reality”
The business of demolition and removal
Trevor Lyons, President; Demolishers, Recyclers & Asbestos Contractors Association of Qld (DRACAQ)
“Learnings and Challenges”
An outline of a residential zero waste project
Christine Dewar, Environmental Scientist, Director and Home Renovator, Viridis
“E-Waste and NFP Challenges”
The waste reality in practice
Tony Sharp, Founder & Manager, Substation 33
“The Vickers Ridge”
A practical overview of recycling in Logan
Robert McVickers, The Vickers Ridge
“Foodbank: A Case Study”
Solving logistics, serving the community and doing the right thing
David Muir, Founding Director, Foodbank Queensland
“Technology in Waste”
How technology is creating new opportunities
Simon Kalinowski, Partner, Mandalay Technologies
Product stewardship and leasing learnings
Aidan Mullan, Sustainability and Lean Manager, Interface
Workshop: “War on Construction Waste! Take 2”
After a brief overview of Yarrabilba and update on how the project is travelling from Rob & Karen, come together to explore the Workshop Objective: What would a workable community Recycling Hub look like?
Karen Greaves, Senior Sustainability Consultant, AECOM; and
Rob Ball, Senior Development Manager, Yarrabilba
Gain new knowledge, network over lunch and see how others are advocating sustainability.
Participants shall obtain new knowledge regarding sustainability in relation to understanding waste and its management. We will compare Australia’s progress globally and assess local government’s future projections. Content presented will explore working with the construction industry and communities to reduce / re-purpose waste, and discuss ideas on overcoming the challenges and pressures waste is placing on the environment. Participants shall participate at the workshop on a real project scenario where practical ideas may be implemented.
Share architectural experience and knowledge within the presentations and workshop relating to :-
- Gaining an introductory overview to, and exploration of, the current pressures landfill is placing on Australia’s environment and the roll the construction industry plays.
- Obtaining new knowledge regarding sustainability, in relation to understanding and working with waste management, the construction industry and the communities who benefit.
- Learning from industry leaders who are testing solutions and implementing initiatives in best practice construction waste management.
- Understanding the latest in prefabrication and design practice to reduce waste.
- Learning how to implement substantial differences on your projects and influence clients and industry peers.
- Contributing to a better understanding (improved skills) on how to deliver affordable sustainable outcomes in the built environment by reducing construction waste.
Continuing Professional Development:
CPD Eligibility Requirements: The Main Event should provide participants with a minimum of 8 hours of Formal CPD activity. Participants are eligible for 8 CPD points upon completion of the worksheets provided. (based on attendance at 6 x 45min presentations, 1 x 2hr interactive workshop and completion of 7 x 15min worksheets).
Certificate of Attendance: A Certificate of Attendance will be provided by the AGDF as proof of attendance based on registration on the day of the Main Event.
AACA Competency Unit(s): Design / Documentation / Project Management
(Friday) 8:30 am - 5:00 pm AEST
15 Hope St South Brisbane
Australian Green Development Forumcpdevents@agdf.org.au
thu16nov5:30 pm6:00 pmFeaturedAGDF's Annual General Meeting (financial members only)Annual 2 day conference5:30 pm - 6:00 pm AEST RPS Boardroom, 743 Ann St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006 Event Organized By: Association for Sustainability in Business
AGDF's Annual General Meeting (financial members only) 2017's
AGDF’s Annual General Meeting (financial members only)
General Nature of Business:
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Rotation & Election of Directors
- Formal election of Executive Positions (candidates to be nominated & seconded before 9/11/17 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Incoming President’s Address
Date: Thursday the 16th November 2017
Venue: RPS Boardroom, 743 Ann St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Event registration: Registration is now open via the button below.
(Thursday) 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm AEST
743 Ann St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006