wed8feb12:30 pm- 1:30 pmGSLF "Renew and Redesign (Case Studies)" by Paul Worroll12:30 pm - 1:30 pm "Theatrette Room" at the Brisbane Square Library Brisbane Square at 266 George Street Brisbane, 266 George St Brisbane, QLD 4000 AustraliaEvent Organized By: Australian Green Development Forum
As office buildings age their suitability for re-use becomes increasingly more complex and challenging. With changes to technology, work environments, lifestyle and business structures, building spaces are having to become more versatile. Renewing old buildings and doing this in a sustainable manner is part of the challenge. Issues around retrofitting, recycling and redesigning all need to be addressed.
- Obtain new knowledge and be able to understand: The importance of retrofitting and recycling existing buildings for new purposes and keeping in mind the need to create spaces that are healthy and sustainable for the end users and future users.
- Share architectural experience and knowledge of: Approaches and strategies for renewing existing buildings for new uses.
- Contribute to a better understanding (improved) skills of: Investigation of existing buildings; Recycling of buildings and building materials; Incorporation of sustainable principles
- Obtain new knowledge in relation to: Renewing old buildings and the importance of sustainable practices
- Improved skills through a better understanding of: Recycling, renewing, sustainability, retrofitting
PRESENTATION AND INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP
Presenter: Paul Worroll (Architect/Director of RedDog Architects)
Academic Qualifications: Bachelor of Design Studies – University of Queensland; Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) – University of Queensland; Distinction – Business and Practice of Architecture – AIA
Technical: Registered Architect – Queensland and NSW; Associate Member of Australian Institute of Architects; AIA Qld Chapter Councillor; AIA Qld Chapter Sustainability Chairman
Practical Expertise: 1991-1993 Saillard Fuller & Partners (ENGLAND); 1991-1992 Abikhram Architects (INDIA); 1992-1993 Fulton Gilmour Trotter Moss Architects; 1993 Wilson Architects; 1993-1996 Anderson Street Architects; 1996 – 2001 Daniels Crone Architects; 2001- Present Reddog Architects
Competency Unit: DESIGN
PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS HERE: CLICK HERE
(Wednesday) 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
"Theatrette Room" at the Brisbane Square Library Brisbane Square at 266 George Street Brisbane
266 George St Brisbane, QLD 4000 Australia
Australian Green Development Forumcpdevents@agdf.org.au